Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward.
Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Monday 2 July 2007

Lo hermoso que es el silencio


De plano hoy casi reviento... tuve un encuentro cercano con una neurótica parlanchina de alto calibre que casi me saca canas verdes. Lo peor de todo es que no es el único especimen y hay más de un caso que HIJOLE, ni como ayudarles. De su boca sólo salían quejas, comentarios negativos, bla bla bla.

I was this close to say out loud SHUT UP!, the woman would just keep uttering excuses and complains, and in the end I had no idea what she was talking about. What surprised me the most was my ability to eventually shut my ears to her words. The grls say I was just staring at her and kind of smiling, but saying nothing, and the woman kept on her talking... in my mind I was thinking of possible solutions to the problems, and not paying attention to all that noise. It was so funny when the girls told me they had gotten a headache just by listening to "our conversation", instead I was ready to carry on. I've finally made it!!! For years I was constantly upset by how much other people could bother me, and how easily I could get hooked on an emotion or a situation. But now it seems like I've managed to create silence in my head, avoid unnecessary words and focus. Today, I feel great! Let's celebrate... and shut up!

No comments: