Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward.
Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Tuesday 17 April 2012

French onion soup






One of my very favourite soups ever. Hope you enjoy it, I prepared this video to share this simple and tasty delight. It's funny, somehow I feel this soup is just like me: it takes the most basic and simple, rather peasant ingredients, that may seem simple at first sight... but given the right combination, patience, warmth and love, it offers one of the most delightful high-cuisine favourites. Amazing how something so lovely, savoury and sweet can result from something people identify as bitter. Shrek said that ogres are like onions, so I'm definitely ogre soup. I simply love it and it brings back good memories of younger years.

Bon appetit!

No comments: