Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward.
Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Sunday 14 August 2011

Old school times

Classroom 7, 12:00 PM. It's been 30 minutes since we started a revalidation test. My 3rd semester students are all pensive, focused, writing, erasing... They're all wearing casual clothes, summer clothes... ready to party! It so happens that the Student Union organized a Welcome Party and scheduled it today, at noon!!! Yesterday afternoon, a representative came and asked me what time I was planning to finish the test... then for a moment I remembered my times as a student. Oh how I enjoyed having fun with friends, I even remember going to a party in a Quinta, with a pool and all... it was pure fun!! I told him I wished he had notified me in advance. I could have changed the test, trouble is I had no way to let students know about the change. Anyway, here they are, answering a revalidation exam in a hurry to go party. I feel bad about the poor little things... I think the test is not that hard, it's just a bit long. They'll do fine, they'll have fun and so will I. Not planning to check tests over the weekend, so I'd better do it today and get ready to enjoy a couple of days outdoors with my boys. I want to have fun!

No comments: